Tuesday 28 April 2015

Tell a story that begins with a ransom note.

This prompt sparked a scene from a potential sequel to the wip (work in progress) that I'm revising at the moment. That's all I'll say for now, but if you're intrigued, I might think about posting snippets from the current project ;)

Tell a story that begins with a ransom note.
'If you wish to see her safe and whole, you will come and work for me. I expect and answer by Wednesday noon. You know what I am capable of.'
Caroline gripped the note so tightly that her thumb had ripped through the edge. Her hands shook and her vision blurred.
'Caroline?' a voice, muffled by the rush of blood in her ears, said behind her. Caroline didn't move until a hand on her shoulder made her turn. Mary swam into view, her dark, shapely brows darwn. 'What is it?' she asked, and reached for the note. After a moment of resistance, Caroline opened her fingers.
'She?' Mary's brow puckered further.
'Abigail,' said Caroline, her voice quiet. Mary's eyes wnet round.
'Oh, Caro!' mary pulled her into a tight embrace. Caroline held her friend close for a breath before Mary pulled away again. A spark shone in her eye, 'it's the Professor, isn't it?'
'I believe so, yes,' Caroline nodded. her vision was beginning to clear. A resigned determination settled in her gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment