Saturday 2 May 2015

Write a scene where the only spoken dialogue is 'Uh-huh,' 'Ummm,' 'Urrrr,' 'Mm-mmm.'

I'm really curious what you'll think is happening in this scene. Please leave a comment with your imaginings!

Write a scene where the only spoken dialogue is 'Uh-huh,' 'Umm,' 'Urrrr,' 'Mm-mmm.'
She threw a look at me.
'Uh-huh,' I said, nodding.
'Umm,' she said, chewing her lip. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. I waited. She looked down at her lap, and from the fluttering of her lashes, I could tell that she blinked away tears.
'Urrrr,' I said, uneasiness settling in my stomach. Standing up, I went to her chair and knelt by her. I took her hand and made her look at me. I tilted my head at the couch.
Drawing a shaky breath, she nodded, 'mm-mmm.'

No comments:

Post a Comment