Wednesday 30 March 2011

Short Story

So I finished a rough draft for a short story competition today. I haven't even looked at it yet, and I suspect that I will take one little paragraph and make the final story out of that.

I'm not really nervous about entering, although I feel like I should be. Maybe I will closer to the entry date. But I won't feel confident or nervous (or both) until I edit at least once.

I have three WiPs at the moment. But I'm impatient. In order to feel like I'm going somewhere, I want to start spreading my work. I've decided to enter into a few short story competitions this year.

I have toyed with the idea of posting short stories here once a week, or once a month. But a competition raises the stakes. I have to edit, and think about audience. Here on the blog, I could just give you guys the most random cobbling-together of ideas that you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

I may (I would like to) post my competition stories here. With the competition aspect, whether I make it through any round or not, it'll at least be closer to my best work.

Unlike my stream-of-conscious blog posts, written when I should've gone to bed an hour ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment